If you like the content here, Please support my blog by clicking Follow below.

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Am I Independent or In Dependence?

          As the daylight was pulling out, the solitude of darkness was drawing upon me. Climate was a bit gloomy but there was a hidden liveliness which went well with my sip of hot tea.  Just as the natural light wore out, power went off!!!! My mobile had no charge and was about to switch off and all the biggest problems of my life were rushing into my thought. It was not the darkness that was creeping into me, but some other uneasiness. As I questioned myself repeatedly, I found the answer for that creepiness, It was not the fear of dark or any ghost that was living with me, it was my dependence that was killing me from inside. The dependence on that small piece of electronic device, that was the black sheep.. Maaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

          Imagine a day without our most beloved gadgets around us. We would go crazy, we would break mad and we would be running around like a lunatic. Independence is so much spoken of. Not only what we managed to get from the British, the independence from our parents, financial independence, decision making independence, everything included. If we are truly independent why should we be that dependent on some electrons flowing through a wire?

          When I examined myself closely, I found that I was not able to appreciate what was there, rather was exceedingly in need of something that was not there for the moment. I had organized my routine so carefully around a lot of other things over which I had no control whatsoever. All would accept this, out of all what is ours, the most difficult to control is our heart and mind and out of all that is not ours, the easiest to do is ask someone else’s heart to beat the way we want it to and minds to think the way we order to.

          Before pointing at someone else, let’s look within us and see how we can shape up to mould to any situation. The day we start feeling happy about our own self and start enjoying the company of the soul mate inside us is when we are going to be truly independent else we are just in dependence. It is the dependence on me alone that could make me independent from all that is not me.

13 comments:

  1. it gives me a pleasure of reading a novel "novel".
    gives an inspiration to me to write more... thanks for kindling my creative neurons... sleeping for ages waiting for an excellent write to give an electrifying wake up call...this is my wake up call... thanks a zillion..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you vimal... I am more happy to have kindled you to write... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks bruce :-) Ellaam thangalidam kuditha yaanai paal thaan ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aiyo ma!! Superb write:) indha kuti madaikula, ithanai vishayamaa!! Cool..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Extremely beautiful writing! It's simply amazing!!! Thanks Kanna.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Fahim. Truly motivating :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I should say, your transition is awesome man..

    Life is that way... there is something deep n true in everything around us, common, general, silly, indispensable (like those gadgets u say)..

    Its upto to the people to understand that transition in everything (also the transition in yo write). once done, its easy to handle the inner self. When this is also done, then wat you have written here becomes possible "" let’s look within us and see how we can shape up to mould to any situation"".... Well said Kanna .. Lets learn to enjoy the company of the soul mate inside us (sometimes atleast)...

    ReplyDelete
  8. It really feels happy when people get what you exactly wanted to say :-). And no doubt you got it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great .. says that to be attached with a deattachment .. its geetha .. tis is wat ramamna maharishi says vivekananda says tis .. y not upanishad says .. u have put it in a very different way... but the way people came tis in mind always ..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Semma thought !!!

    "Enjoying the company of the soul mate inside us is when we are going to be truly independent"

    Keep writing .... Pleasure to read it !!!!

    ReplyDelete