If you like the content here, Please support my blog by clicking Follow below.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Play while you Work, Play while you Play

Any word has no importance or intensity by itself. It is with the meaning attached to it does it gain any importance or vice versa. If “Ugly” was defined as something that captivates out thoughts and makes us feel happy from inside, we would be behind our girls flattering them as “My chubby ugly darling” and “You are amazingly ugly honey” and so on. So it is always the perception that matters and never the fact. You can prove anything by laws of Physics and Mathematics but if someone says its right from the heart, it is done, no logic, no proof is required. It is as it is. This matter of perception has a great relevance to how you can look at your professional and personal life as one.

Many of us are new to work and have just got our professional lives going. Yes, it is tiring, too problematic, very monotonous and highly demanding (for most of us at least). The real problem with anything starts when you start looking at different things as individually different items. What I mean here is that, even if you do various activities, unanimity in purpose should be binding them all together. Though the activities you do might differ, the result you wish to achieve should be the same.

When you play a game what is your motto? For some it might be winning, for others it might be enjoying the game for the pure pleasure it offers and some would just like to relax themselves into it. Whatever be the idea, we would like the game to be interesting such that it pulls us towards itself making us forget everything else. It is that kind of expectation you should be attaching with your work too. Why think of work as work then? Take it as a game, a game played with sharp brains and cool tactics. You will enjoy each move you make, start admiring each level you get through and be satisfied when you lift the trophy finally.

Do not think of work as something that has been enforced on you. Any work that you are doing at present is only going to end up sharpening your skills (Directly or indirectly) and leading you to the destiny that you are capable of. Mourning over your current position will only slow this process. You will get late buddy. I reserve all rights to offer this advice as I think I have applied the brakes myself. People with experience have the right to share ;-)

Here chips in the watch line for you. Play while you Work and Play while you Play. Attach the meaning of the word work to the word Play and you get yourself a whole new dimension to doing things. Perceive your work as it is your most favorite game. Come, pick up your gadgets, get into the field and Let the games begin!!!

4 comments:

  1. love the way u could associate two completely different things!! its "the perception that matters and never the fact".. very true ma!! a must read for everyone!! u r an amazingly ugly writer :) no logic, no proof needed!! believe me, people with experience hav the right to say :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this comment my ugly lady :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have come across infinite Articles, Writings, Stories, Novels, Speeches, Reports, Newsitems . . . and what not . . . but never came acroos these words “My chubby ugly darling” and “You are amazingly ugly honey”...
    Along with Kannan, me too love these words very much ...

    "Do not think of work as something that has been enforced on you. Any work that you are doing at present is only going to end up sharpening your skills"
    Very true and I can very well relate these lines with myself and the job I do.
    I like my job because I enjoy working and I enjoy working because I like my job. As you said, it is definitely sharpening my skills ... skills that I acquired from my previous job as well as from my engineering & management studies.

    When you don't clear Job Interviews, its quite usual for people to say, "God has something better for you" and thats very true in my case... and later I realised why I was not selected in any of the Inteviews that I attended before the interview for the present job. I have perfectly landed at the right place to play the game - "my work" and love playing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Inspiring MAK. That's exactly what I wanted. I got the fulfillment for writing this article with your comment. Cool.

    ReplyDelete