If you like the content here, Please support my blog by clicking Follow below.

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Come, walk my walk and give a broad smile

I slammed the doors of my house so hard that my fingers felt the pain through the vibration of the slam. I was fuming with anger. How can my mom ask me that question? It was by mistake I broke that glass antique piece. Yes, it is something that she adorned.  But how can she ask me, “Are you out of your minds to do that?”. That was unfair, I got totally upset, shouted at her like hell and just rushed out of my home. My anger shot up to all possible extremes; I gave a punch to that door, that silly door which hurt my fingers. Scientifically, it is going to increase my pain a little more, psychologically, I was happy to have punished my opponent for the moment.

Although the actual issue was only that she shouted at me, all the other problems that were quietly sleeping inside me suddenly woke up. They got magnified and were appearing bigger than me. My mind was complaining to my heart, what the **** this life is to me. So many thoughts in my mind that I was unable to sort out what the biggest problem was.

As I was walking down the lane, my eyes flashed against an impossible human. When I say Impossible, I mean Impossible. He did not have two hands and if you think that is worse enough, think again, he had no legs either. He was still moving with the help of his left-over pieces of limbs. Why I termed him as an impossible human is not because of his physical limitations. He was smiling; a deep round smile that really was transmitting happiness all around. I myself lost all the folds in my face that I had due to my grief and had a heartfelt smile without my knowledge. That sharp was his radiance.

  I usually do not talk to strangers, but this is not the time to live up to my definitions. I just had to ask this person my question. I walked straight at him, knelt before him on the road and asked “Just tell me how you manage to smile?”. I did not think about any manners or a pre-talk before asking such a sensitive question or anything. I wanted an answer, that’s it. He never looked puzzled, guess he has been asked this several times before. When I was expecting an answer, he shot another one at me, “Can I know why you are asking me that question?”. I said, “You have no arms, no legs, you are a lot limited in your movements, you know you cannot do what others around you are doing, then how? How do you manage to have that smiling face?”. He answered me and kept on moving, he never looked back. He said, “I don’t think my legs or hands is what shows my smile, you got to have a pair of lip. I have my lips with me; I smile, as simple as that”.

It was like someone gave me a hard blow on my spine. I also just kept walking, never turned back. I had no confidence left over to look at him again. He never complained on what he did not have, he was doing what he could, with what he had. How many of us complain over silly things, feed them, make them grow ourselves and then say, the problems got bigger!!! He taught me to stop complaining and enjoy what I had. All the pain inside me suddenly eased out. I headed straight to my home, gave my mom a broad smile and said a word, “Sorry”. She hugged me tight and kissed my forehead. It was heaven! A walk that gave me a new dimension, I wanted to share it, so that you could walk my walk and give a broad smile J

14 comments:

  1. its wonderful....i cant describe which makes tat wonderful..the message or the thought process u ve had or the way u ve delivered the message or the words u ve used...excellent...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am seeking for a perfect word!! just nothing fits !! amazing man!! very deep thought!! i could very well relate to it.. am taking ur walk !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Kalpana. I enjoyed writing it and I am happy to know that you enjoyed reading it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one is truly beyond words!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Sneha. Hope I manage to keep you searching for words :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vallu... U r rocking nw a days in ur views and ideas.. Gud.. Keep it up...

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I read the first blog, I liked it very much.
    When I read the second blog, I liked it even more than the previous one ... and this continues ... and every time when I read one, unknowlingly, I set high expectations for the next blog ... and every time you surpass my expectations ... this one is superb for the wonderful message it carries, the way it is presented, the choice of perfect words, everything is excellent... In fact, while reading it, movie-kind-of-thing was flashing before my eyes, I was able to visualise the whole thing ... simply superb ... I don't find right words to express my feelings ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Forgot to mention about the title - there cannot be any better title than this "Come, walk my walk and give a broad smile "

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your words really bring the visuals in front of my eyes ... Apt title ... Wonderful article to be shared :D

    ReplyDelete