If you like the content here, Please support my blog by clicking Follow below.

Thursday, November 4, 2010

A Paradox called Sacrifice

            It has remained a truth for many years now and will continue to be so for many more years to come, Love is a multiple of sacrifices. When we speak of sacrifices in love, they are usually big, it means growing out of beloved parents for the sake of him or her, giving up a lucrative job, forgetting what we once liked the most and it counts on and on. Be it one is committed or not, many of us can easily identify with this, because love has been our forte one time or the other. Why go so far? I myself have sacrificed my career for my most mourned mistake – My first love.

               But the point I am projecting here is not about the divinity of love(as you all guessed it to be, as mine did not last J ) or the purity of sacrifices, it is about the paradox in those sacrifices. Take for an instance, you sacrifice your most favorite chilly chicken for her because she is a veggie, she is very impressed and feeds you, half baked potatoes and cauliflowers with her own hands. Who cares what garbage it is, they turn delicacies now, can KFC give you a better taste? Nahhh. In regular terms anyways, this is called a sacrifice, the guy is hailed for the act. A deep inspection unveils that this was an act of set off - the taste of chicken for the taste of her hands. I see no loss here, infact it is a double bonanza.

               Ultimately what we look for out of any sacrifice is a bigger return. Be it knowingly or unknowingly done, if a sacrifice does not end in a desired result, can we take it? We won’t, if it happens so, we will go to the other extreme to show how nasty we can be. I don’t mean to say sacrifices are not worth it or love does not exist through sacrifices.  Just that, rather than looking at the size of the act, it is the intensity of the act that has to be considered. Can we be indifferent to the results and yet look to sacrifice further? Have we done so anytime before? I have not, I am sure most of us have not, because it is practically impossible.

         The next time we feel proud for a sacrifice, let’s pause a moment to think what our take away is. We would definitely take back something through it, a bit of joy, peace or anything else. We definitely gain a lot in a sacrifice more than we could ever lose on it. It’s a paradox called sacrifice and a sacrifice simply never exists! And coming back to my own story, I gave up my career because I wanted a switch in field(or atleast I wanted her love more than I wanted my job), but I used her as an excuse, now I do not have any right to say that’s a sacrifice or mourn over it. Because I have gained a lot over it, a masters degree, loads of learning and a new dimension to life. Got me ;-)

5 comments:

  1. Modala unna than da pali(sacrifice) kodukanum - By sam..... agamoithum unnoda ToTaL budget 10rs cauliflower ah da - K7

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is more complicated than it appears at first glance.. there could be lots of contradictions on this..after a deep thought, yes, agreed!! 100%

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome write da.. expect more from you.. keep blogging...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karthikeyan S ...

    Yes of course. Contradictions will be there even if we think 100 times. But finally we need to agree. Not just love.. Evrything in lyf... We sacrifice for something in return. . .

    That joy and peace, if not bought by money / power, is definitely got / received (may be bought) by Sacrifices... So Kanna u r right ""Ultimately what we look for out of any sacrifice is a bigger return.""

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best of all !!!!
    No sacrifice without expectation of something in return ...

    The way you think is totally AWESOME !!!!

    Write more please ;D

    ReplyDelete